Medical marijuana prescriptions are not for everyone, but that’s not to say it is not a completely ideal treatment option for you. This is where Cannihelp steps in, offering valuable medical information, advice and support around using cannabinoids as a treatment plan. A visit with one of our professional clinicians will leave you feeling satisfied, full of clarity, and hopefully on the start to a new journey of cannabinoid treatment and healing.
To find out more about our clinic, visit our website or leave us a message.
How Do You Take It?
There are various forms in which medical marijuana can be prescribed, and the way you take it depends entirely on your preference. It is, therefore, important to discuss these preferences with your doctor to ensure you have a comfortable experience throughout your treatment.
Have a look at these various ways you can take medical marijuana:
- Smoking or vaporising – smoking delivers the effects quite quickly, so for patients in need of immediate need of relief from immense pain or discomfort, smoking is an effective method.
- Eating it – many people enjoy incorporating medical marijuana into food such as brownies, jellies or lollipops. This form of ingestion usually takes longer to deliver the effects, typically one to two hours.
- Topical application – some people have used medical marijuana in lotions or oils to apply to their skin. It will be absorbed through the skin and deliver the effects.
- Drops – many medical marijuana products are in liquid forms, such as CBD oils which are taken under the tongue or mixed in with your favourite beverage.
- Pills – the typical form for medications, your doctor can prescribe capsules containing medical marijuana that are easy to swallow and deliver results fairly quickly.
What Are the Side Effects?
As with any new medical treatment plan, each patient’s body will respond differently. However, with the help and guidance of your doctor, you will be able to monitor your response to certain doses and effectively find the dose that works best for you. If at any time you feel unusual, contact your doctor immediately for an evaluation.
Your body may need time to adjust to a new treatment plan, but with the help of our trained and certified cannabinoid clinicians, you will find a new lease on life in no time.
If you or a family member are struggling with chronic pain or other pain-related conditions and need a medical marijuana prescription, contact us today to speak to one of our professional clinicians or consultants.